If you have done, or read, any of my Endless Referrals training then you know that there are 4 reasons why people don’t refer INCLUDING your strategic partners.
4 Reasons Why People Don’t Refer:
- They don’t know the way
- They don’t know the how
- They’re not interested in doing so (RARE)
- YOU haven’t asked them (Most Common)
Here’s the scoop, if you’re just sitting there waiting for your affiliates, B2B contacts, Strategic Partners to refer to you, I’ve got news for you. They’re not going to use up their time in their office to promote chiropractic. Just like, as a fully-booked doc, you’re not going to spend lots of time talking about another health care provider or service when you’re super busy.
The solution is three-fold:
- 1. Is it easy for them to refer?
- Referral Gift Packet
- Professionally created flier
- 2. Do they even know who makes a great candidate for a chiropractic check up in your office?
- Do not assume they know who and when to refer to you. It’s YOUR job to teach them so that they CAN refer.
- You must make it crystal clear.
- They’re NOT chiropractors just like you’re not an expert in their field and you may not know who is best for them.
- Use this question to find out more and to strengthen the relationship with them. Do not ask this in writing. This is face-to-face only.)
- The question: How will I know if the person I am talking to is a great candidate for your business?
- 3. You have to ask them in a neurologically-friendly manner.
- If they’re stressed, worried, concerned, bored, or feel entrapped when you’re talking to them, their Amygdala will shuttle everything that you’re saying to the Hind Brain and from there it’s forgotten within 48 hours.
- Watch this 60 second video to grasp what I am writing about.
We’ve been told WHAT to think, but we’ve never been taught how thinking actually works.
This is why it feels like we’re spinning our wheels when forming relationships with strategic partners or networking B2B. We talk too much and drown people in information. Have you noticed that this approach takes a ton of work, money, and time?
It’s why I became a Brain-centric Instructional Designer. I wanted to make a lasting IMPACT instead of just throwing more “out there”, hoping it would stick. And I want you to learn as well because it will make your life SO much easier.
Can you imagine how much less stress, worry, and frustration you would experience if 100% of what you said/wrote landed and was acted upon? If you were such a communication-ninja that people listened and then took consistent intrinsic action. OH YAS!
If you’re ready to discover what’s missing in your conversations and leadership with your Strategic Partners reach out.